Monday, May 29, 2006

Kulit( Horsegram) Koddel and Saar

Kulit Koddel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
kulit washed 2-3 times
( Don't soak overnight, it spoils the taste!)
Boil kulit for about 20-25 mins.

Masala
coconut grated
4 fried red chillies
tamarind water

Add salt to boiled kulit and add masala after some time

Tadka
3 garlic cloves smashed , in oil

But wait there is more

Kulit Saar
--------------------------------------------------------
Prior to adding masala, separate out some water from the boiled kulit

Tadka
2-3 garlic cloves
2 red chillis

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are u? waiting for your next post. I have linked u on my site :).

10:25 AM  
Blogger amchigeli cheli said...

Shilpa,
I know.. have been extremely busy at work..it will be a few weeks before I can get to this again.
Thanks for linking me:-)I will link you to my site too

10:15 AM  
Blogger Vaishali said...

Hey AC,
I loved the definitions you have given for bendi/koddel/ambat, etc. I am a Maharashtrian married to an Amchigale Chello. After 5.5 years of marriage, I am rather comfortable with the language as well as cooking the delicacies. Only that I am a vegetarian and don't cook meat or fish, so that is one area where I'll never become Konkani enough. Otherwise, I am a pucca convert.
One more thing: I am adding you to my blogroll. Hope you don't mind.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Nagesh Pai said...

Hi Chakuli,

is that your real name?? My fiance came across your blog and we both are enjoying a great laugh.

are you a member on orkut? you can expect traffic from GSBs on orkut.. I will publicize your blog there.

Regards
Nagesh
nagesh.pai@gmail.com

9:43 AM  
Blogger amchigeli cheli said...

Now, I have been naughty at times but nowhere as bad to be named Chakuli!
How would I go around explaining that my name was savory!No, really!!
:-)

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home